Note: If this is your first time to Total Fluff, please visit this brief explanation.
Hello, readers! I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Now that the week has started again, I’m sure you’re looking for new ways to procrastinate! Or at least looking for things to amuse.
Seriously? You’re waiting until after the weekend to give some time wasters?
Of course. People are more likely to be outside and stuff on the weekend. But during the week? Looking at things on the internet is fair game. And anyways, don’t they need something to look forward to for the next weekend?
So, without further ado:
5 things that amuse me
1) I know that I’ve mentioned it before, but cakewrecks.com is one of my favorite blogs. Ever. (Not including this one, of course.) Jen Yates, the creator of the site, has an amazing sense of humor. Seriously, I think she’s one of my role-models in the blog sphere!
2) Looking at dessert recipes. And trying to figure out how to change them. One of my favorite recipe sites is allrecipes.com The dessert section has some inspiring ideas! And then after you get some ideas, you can do a Google search, and find other recipes and ideas. I came across recipes for ganache and flourless chocolate cake that are amazing. And now I’ve slightly modified them. And those are also fantastic. So you should check it out! Who knows what wonderful desserts you might find?
4) Pushing random buttons on my computer, and seeing what happens. Especially in different programs. I’ve actually discovered a lot of hotkeys this way! For example, do not press ctrl+w, ctrl+shift+w, or alt+f4 right now. Those would exit you out of this window/program, and that would make me sad.
Of course, one of the problems is that I not infrequently forget what I did to get a result… That led to an annoying time when I was using a word processor, and somehow got into “draft mode” and couldn’t figure out what I’d done, what combination of keys I pressed, or how to escape. I think I randomly got out of there, finally. But even now, I don’t know what I did. But seriously! It’s a lot of fun!
5) Darths & Droids. Once again, I’ve already mentioned this. But it’s hilarious. Especially if you’re at all aware of RPG culture and mechanics, and if you’re a Star Wars fan. Both parts are essential if you want to enjoy it. And be sure to read the description down at the bottom. It never ceases to amuse me. The authors have such an amazing sense of humor!
3) Trying to play with people’s minds in general. Did you notice that the lists is out of order? You can play with people’s minds in a variety of ways. One way is by figuring out odd ways of listing things. Another way is by coming up with random questions. And then asking people those questions. You really should see people’s expressions when I ask them “How would you respond if I made some sort of comment about pickle-headed stinkradishes of doom, death, and destruction right now?” It’s not dissimilar to the time I went around asking people about muffin-flavored shrimp. But playing with people’s minds is quite fun! You get some of the oddest looks.
Anyways, Happy Monday! I hope this provides some useful ways to amuse yourself for the week. These methods normally amuse me!