Note: If this is your first time to TotalFluff, please visit this brief explanation. Thanks!
As you’re aware, I recently got (and then finished (that’s an update)) the new Harry Potter story. I enjoyed it! A LOT.
So, I have this new theory about the story…
As you’re aware, this one deals with Time Travel. Back to Harry’s 4th year. And you have alternate realities and stuff, pertaining to Cedric Diggory’s death.
Now, here are some things for you to think about:
1) This story is of British origins.
2) This story deals with Time Travel.
3) Doctor Who is British.
4) Doctor Who (obviously) deals with Time Travel.
5) The Tenth Doctor shows up in Harry’s 4th year at Hogwarts as Barty Crouch Jr. as Mad-Eye Moody.
6) We know that Mad-Eye / The Doctor helped Cedric with some clues.
7) We also know from Harry Potter and the Cursed Child that Cedric must be a winner at the Tri-Wizard Tournament, or the timeline we know does not occur.
With all of these pieces of evidence, I have a theory.
I think I see where this is going, and I do not think I approve.
Somehow, Fluffy, that does not surprise me.
My theory is that originally, The Doctor was going along, doing his normal thing with Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey stuff.
Then, Albus and Scorpius start messing with a fixed point in time. The Doctor then comes back to Earth (per usual), realizes that he alone knows that there’s Timey-Wimey stuff happening, and must take the place of somebody who will be able to help shape events. He then does what we see in the fourth year, all for the sake of helping defeat Voldy.
So, we have The Doctor needing to play an insane man (weird, right?) needing to impersonate a professor, all in order to defeat Voldy.
(The Doctor’s technology also partially helps explain the amazing trunk, too.)
Poor doctor. His role in Harry’s 4th year (and in defeating Voldemort!) was never properly understood.
I… No. That is not even worth addressing.
And with that, I bid you a happy Tuesday!