Note: If this is your first time to TotalFluff, please visit this brief explanation. Thanks!
Hello again, Fluffsters! I hope you’re having a good week. I’m having an excellent one so far. It’s being busy, exhausting, and very tiring, but it’s also being a lot of fun.
I was realizing, however, that I need some more varied “traditional fluff” on this page.
No. You really don’t.
Yes, actually, I really do.
That is why today I am going to talk about:
Things About Whipped Cream.
1) It qualifies as fluff. Even the densest whipped cream is smooth and airy. (If it isn’t, it doesn’t qualify.) It is, in fact, part of the definition of whipped cream.
What? It’s part of the definition?
Yes. I originally thought I’d need to make up the definition to match, but it turns out I don’t. It really is part of the definition!
2) It goes great with any type of summer fruit. Peaches, blueberries, strawberries…. The list could go on, but you get the picture I’m sure.
3) It goes well with other dairy products. Ice cream sundaes, for example, are amazing. Ice cream, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. Yum. Banana splits with whipped cream are also phenomenal.
4) Whipped cream can be easy to make. All you really need is a blender. (preferably one with a seal-able lid.) Put whipping cream into the blender, sweeten to taste, and whip it until it turns light and fluffy.
5) There are a few interesting variations. My Dad, for example, always puts vanilla into his. That stuff is amazing. It’s almost like ice cream, but not quite. And that’s only in part because it’s not frozen. Other variations of his that are interesting, and can be really good, involve putting other flavors in. I don’t remember whether we’ve tried one with peppermint extract or not, but that would also be pretty amazing.
Other variations, of course, include the “industrial” kind that sometimes don’t even have real cream in them. (Koolwhip, I’m looking at you…) These do have their place, but they aren’t real whipped cream if they don’t have cream. Sometimes store bought whipped cream can be good, though.
And so, Fluffsters, whatever your take is on whipped cream, I hope you enjoy. Happy Wednesday!