Note: If this is your first time to TotalFluff, please visit this brief explanation. Thanks!
Hello, Fluffsters! Happy Sunday!
About a week ago, I was fortunate enough to be able to spend the weekend at a variety of ballroom & swing dance party thingies. It was a lot of fun, for a variety of reasons. (Heads up, any male readers- this post is primarily for the girls who read this.)
So, here are some reasons why I had fun.
1) There were some fun girls to talk to. Even when I was between guys asking me to dance, there were a group of people to hang out with and chat with. That was a fun part of the night!
2) I got asked to dance! That, of course, is the main reason why people go to dances. Presumably. At least, that’s why I did. I’m really enjoying learning Ballroom and Swing. Especially waltz, and other fun, twirly/fast or extremely dramatic types.
Why does your love of twirling not surprise me?
What’s that supposed to mean?
Oh, nothing… Nothing at all.
Hmm… Somehow, I’m not sure I believe you.
3) Getting to “Pretty Up”. There’s something really nice about the opportunity to try a fancy hairstyle (I got a friend to help, for once… I’m extremely picky about who touches my hair) and I did makeup nicely, and got to wear a pretty skirt or dress. Two nights in a row! It was fantastic.
4) Twirly Skirts. It’s a pity for the guys that only girls get to spin while wearing flowy, twirly skirts. There’s something really fun about it, that’s really hard to describe.
5) Spontaneous Line-Dances between “partner” dances. There was still partner dancing going on while my friends and I did a couple of line dances, but it was still a lot of fun. There was one where we didn’t exactly do a prescribed dance, per say, but we sort of made something up, and everyone else who wasn’t ballrooming at the time joined us. It was a lot of fun, and I highly recommend learning how to linedance with some friends at dance parties you go to.
6) Good food / drink. Nothing says “party” to me quite like non-alcoholic sickeningly sweet lemonade or fruit punch. And cookies. Even if you get crumbses all over the place, it’s part of the festive party atmosphere that makes dances fun.
There you have it, folks!
Where “it” is one of the fluffiest fluff posts in a while?
… where “it” is a list of things that make dances fun.
Right. That’s what I said.
What? That is not- oh, never mind.
Happy Sunday, Fluffsters! I hope you have a great week!